Here is an excerpt from a chapter on dimensions in our upcoming book “Dissociation & Ritual Abuse: The Hidden Factor in Healing” due to be published in a month.
A Proof for the Existence of God as an Infinite, Supremely intelligent, Self Aware, Independent Creator of Everything.
Follow the logic
- Today the ‘Big Bang’ explanation for the origin of our universe has more scientific evidence than any other theory in science.
- All scientists unanimously agree that at the instant of the ‘Big Bang’ (Creation) all matter, energy, space, time and the forces governing the universe came into existence. Nothing, no empty space, nothing existed before that.
- Everything that has a beginning is an eﬀect and therefore needs a cause; eg. you had a beginning (‘eﬀect’) and your parents are the ‘cause.’ The painting (effect) had an artist (cause)
- The cause is independent of the effect. eg my parents are not me. The artist is not the painting.
- Since the universe had a beginning, it is an eﬀect, therefore it must have a cause.
- The cause must be independent of all the factors mentioned in point 2. In other words, this cause must exist outside of space and time.
- For a cause to exist outside of time it cannot have a beginning or an end because the terms ‘beginning’ and ‘end’ only make sense within the passage of time. The cause is therefore infinite.
- An infinite cause has no beginning therefore it is not an eﬀect (point 3) and doesn’t need a cause.
- Hence the cause of the universe is the First Cause and every other eﬀect and cause originates from this First Cause.
- Increasing intelligence always means increasing self-awareness and the ability to entertain a bigger perspective. eg. compare an insect to a human.
- It is accepted by all scientists that the instant of the Big Bang and the time afterwards was an incredibly intricate and highly controlled event. Nothing random at all about it. This First Cause therefore has an intelligence and abilities way beyond our understanding.
- This First Cause being or group of beings exists independent of what was created (point 4). Hence New Age and Animistic beliefs that “God is all and is in all” cannot be possible.
- Conclusion: An infinite, intelligent, highly self-aware being (or a community of infinite beings) with a big picture perspective that we cannot even begin to comprehend, produced something out of nothing and caused our universe and everything in it. This First Cause being exists distinct from what has been created.